HISTORY OF HARRISON BUILDING AND LOAN
The Harrison Building and Loan was chartered in May 1916 as Harrison Welfare Building Association. In 1962 the name was changed due to the number of calls concerning "welfare". Members of the Association met at Harrison City Hall from 1916-1925 and then met at various other locations until 1952 when property at 112 N. Walnut was purchased. In 1974 the Association purchased the property at 114 No. Walnut, this location was used as the main office until 1991 when the present main office was built on New Haven Road.
Today Harrison Building and Loan has three locations; the original main office on Walnut Street, the present main office on New Haven Road and a branch in Hamilton, Ohio located on Millville Avenue which opened in 2001.
When the Association was founded in 1916 the original objective was to encourage thrift in our community and assist individuals to own their own homes and businesses. Today we are proud to be "HOME OWNED AND HOME OPERATED SINCE 1916".